Thursday, September 20, 2007

Breaking the Silence


Seven weeks ago , on August 2 to be precise, I gave birth to this wonderful bundle of joy through emergency ceasarean operation at 2 in the morning. He wasn't due until the third week of August but apparently he wanted to have a say on his birthdate.

We named him Jin Gabriel and he has been keeping me busy from doing anything else which includes reading a book, blogging, emailing friends, and from doing household chores. But it's worth giving all these up especially now that he's smiling and cooing and he's just so nakakagigil. And I have my parents to thank (my dad arrived from the Philippines three weeks ago) for doing everything else for us.

It was ten years ago since I last gave birth and I felt I was learning the ropes of taking care of a baby again. Gabby's first month was exhausting because he was crying and whingeing most of the time. But he's manageable now and a pleasant baby to look after coz if he was still his old whingeing self, I won't be able to make this post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and God bless you
and your family.