Saturday, July 28, 2007

Alls Well That Ends Well


I've wanted to write this post last Saturday, 21 July, right after picking up my pre-ordered copy (adult cover as shown on the picture on the left) of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows from Dymocks (who offered a 20% discount off the original retail price and a bag to go with the book) but I had trouble logging into Blogger. I reckon a lot of bloggers were online at the same time their server was just so slow.

But anyway, better later than never.

The moment I got home, I immediately read the last two chapters just so I could prove my hunch right and I was. Oh the hype about who was going to die! But, it was one hell of a story! A perfect ending to a wonderful tale! Of course by now, you already know who died and who survived and who ended up with who. Although, I would be interested to know what happened to Dolores Umbridge after she was Stupefied by Harry.

This much I have to say, though. While I was reading the part where Harry and Voldemort faced each other for the last time wands in hand, the scene reminded me of those Tagalog action movies where the bida and kontrabida would engage in a lengthy exchange of words with guns drawn, and then Bang!, the kontrabida falls dead.

However, the chapter on King's Cross gave the book a religious undertone that pictured Harry as a Christ-like figure sacrificing himself so that others may live and coming back to life to triumph over evil.

Now, it remains to be seen which of the action-packed chapters won't be seen in the movie version.

No comments: