Friday, July 27, 2007

The Road to Recovery

I've just had the worst bout of cough and colds I could remember. First to suffer was my husband who still has a hoarse voice, then my mom who still has an itchy throat, and I got it last. Thankfully, the kids were spared. Ah, the ills winter brings.
Last week was supposed to be my last week at work but because I was down with the bug, I had to miss the baby shower my workmates planned for me. Last Monday was the official start of my maternity leave and I was still sick. Up until today I cannot truly say that I have fully recovered from my affliction. And if there's one unforgettable experience with this pregnancy, these past two weeks would be it. But I'd rather spare you the details of the pain and sleepness nights my coughing brought on.
I've so much wanted to blog but I just couldn't draw up the strength nor come up with words to write a post. Last Saturday, 21 July, I did attempt to post right after I got my copy of HP and the Deathly Hallows but for some reason I was taking a long time to log in to Blogger I just gave up after 30 minutes of waiting. And I was really looking forward to writing that post.
Anyway, since I won't be doing any library work for the next six months, library-related posts will be very, very limited. But it sure feels good to be back online again.

No comments: