Monday, July 09, 2007

More than Meets the Eye


Awesome! OTT action! More than what I expected!

These are just some of the ways I could describe Transformers. Having grown up watching the animated series and eventually the animated movie, it was definitely a treat to see this with my family.

Besides the edge-of-the-seat action sequences, the movie had a good mix of romance, comedy and drama. And I really, really admire the CG animators for pulling off the "transformation" of the vehicles. My son, Nico, said he was just expecting a "simple" transformation of the cars into robots involving just the wheels, hood, windshield, etc. but was just so thrilled to see much more. I just love the way Starscream transformed from jet to robot and back!

However, I did find it stupid for the soldiers to bring the Allspark to the city knowing that the Decepticons were already after it without bearing in mind the havoc it would create, unless of course I missed something in the dialogue. But of course, bringing the cube elsewhere, like the desert for example, would have led to lesser destruction to life, limb and property and therefore less action.

I'd have to end my intellectualization of the movie there because really the movie is a feast for the eyes more than anything else.

Up next on our viewing list, what else but HP and the Order of Phoenix, which is another certified visual treat.

No comments: