Wednesday, July 04, 2007

To Pay or Not to Pay

My library fine, that is. For the first time in my life I have actually copped a library fine for an overdue book. I've had a lot of overdue books before, just ask the Circulation assistant at Assumption College, but never paid a centavo for them.

I came to know of my fine when I logged on to my library account online. So last Monday, I went there with the intention of paying my 40 cents fine and to pick up the materials I have put on reserve, which were thankfully still available days after my reservations have expired. (Admittedly, I haven't been an ideal library user in the past few months.) But when I approached the staff behind the counter to claim my reserved DVD, I never got to the point of telling her I was going to pay my fine, too. Talk about cold feet.

Oh well, somehow I'll come around to paying that fine or incurring some more, whichever comes first.

No comments: