Monday, March 19, 2007

My Secrets Are Out

I thought I'd never be able to make another post before the end of this month. There's just too much work, both professional and domestic, that doing this post provided some relief.
Zarah tagged me to reveal five secrets (thank goodness it's just a small number) so here they are:
1. Library Science was not my first choice for a career. I really wanted to take up Computer Science but my parents could not afford it since my brother was already taking up the course in a premier university. The good daughter that I was, I let my parents talk me into taking up LibSci. But hey, no regrets there.
2. Battle City, the predecessor of today's video game consoles, remains to be my favorite video game.
3. After I graduated from Hardy Boys (owned and read all titles) and Nancy Drew (read all of them too), I read Sidney Sheldon, Harold Robbins, Barbara Bradford Taylor, Jean Auel, and other steamy novels in high school while shunning away from Sweet Valley High and Bobsey Twins.
4. I have experienced being one with nature if only for a few seconds during a meditation retreat in 2005.
5. I've always wanted to be a cataloger after graduating from college but ended up doing mostly reference work for 16 years.
I would have loved to add some more but I have to stick with just five otherwise....
I'm tagging Ms. L (Lyn Lagundi-Wayman) who's got her own blog now. She was a great loss to the academe when she left for New Zealand to be with her husband.

No comments: