Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Who you gonna call?

I just saw a draft of the modules I wrote together with Dr. Wilhelmina Borjal on IT commissioned by the NCCA/PATLS and I felt a sense of pride for having accomplished something useful for future librarians.


But I could not say the same for the module I am doing for EDO because I'm making slow progress. See my post in my other blog. I'm working on a module similar to what I did with NCCA/PATLS only I was asked to include a bit of history of computing in the Philippines

And then it occurred to me, why the hell am I worried about resources when I've got lots of librarian-friends. So I e-mailed a kumare and a fellow alumna, and texted a kumpare for help. And they didn't let me down.

I also stumbled upon two books in our library with a bit of history in them. Something I discovered not through searching the library's catalog but out of sheer patience.

Sometimes when I'm in researcher mode, I forget I'm a librarian and do things on my own. But when I suddenly recall that I am one and feel silly and stupid for forgetting, I go for the telephone, the cellphone, the email and ask librarian-friends for help.

In my list, librarians are the top people to befriend because you'll never know when you'll need one. And that's from a researcher's point of view. And I couldn't agree more, says the librarian in me.


Whoever is not against you is for you. (Lk 9:50)

Category: Profession at Large

No comments: