Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Free education anyone?


There's no doubt the web is a great source of free information but knowing that there are institutions offering free education online is simply astounding! I've enrolled in a few online courses myself and they didn't come cheap.

And having known what these sites offer, it would be a great loss for people who come across these sites not to avail of what's on offer. I myself have signed up for Code Year and bookmarked W3Schools.

I've been viewing TED for a while and they've got excellent videos that are very educational and inspiring.

I'll have a closer look at MIT's OpenCoursewareProgram as well as the University of the People, which offers free, yes free, tuition fee. But conditions apply of course.

Of course, there's iTunes U which is of course accessible via iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. Then there's Peer to Peer University, which is a collaborative effort of volunteers. Ivy-league institutions also have Academic Earth, which I will be exploring later.

Grade school and high school students and teachers don't miss out on free resources. There's Khan Academy and there's CK-12 a collection of text books.

So what are you waiting for?






No comments: