Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Getting back "my" life

Now that Gabby's a bit more independent and can play by himself, I can finally do things around the house like tidying up, cooking, and ironing without him demanding for attention. But most importantly, I can get back to doing things I haven't done for some time like recreational reading and doing Qigong, which I learned from an Assumption nun, Sr. Mary C., RA. And blogging, of course!

When Gabby turned one, I came to a point where I realized I had to give myself some breathing space after going on maternity leave for a year, where everything I did revolved around the baby. For starters, I signed up to do volunteer work to give me a reason to get out of the house and be in touch with other people. That included an 8-week training which was a welcome change even if it meant I had to go home late on a workday. Then last year I enrolled in an online course that ran for a year and managed to complete and pass. And I have to give credit to my hubby and my two older sons for supporting me through all these.

I was never one to be tied down at home in a previous life (in the Philippines, that is) and having accomplished these has lifted my spirits and sense of self-worth. After raising a baby sans yayas, lola, and titas, I think I have outdone myself this time around. There remains one thing though, getting myself to lose my excess fats. If only I could get rid of them or at least knock off some kilos, now that would be an achievement!

2 comments:

A Librarian said...

hi, i came across your blog few years back and was inspired by all librarians with their thoughts and experiences sharing it to the world. Finally, I have the courage to make my own and share my experiences in my own special way. Hope you don't mind me add you in my links.

Thanks,
alynn
http://aking-silid-aklatan.blogspot.com/

Peachy said...

Hi Alynn.

As we say down here, "Good on you!" for finding the courage! You have got to start somewhere.

Please feel free to add my site. The more the merrier. I'll do likewise.

Peachy