Thursday, September 18, 2008

Knowledge Transfer

I believe in user education and I do share what I know with others. And in this world where we deal with technology for the most of our waking lives, there is nothing more important than knowing to do things and how to use all those equipment we come across.
It has been a part of my work ethic to teach my colleagues how to use equipment, e.g., AV, electronic, computers, etc., so that they can be self-sufficient and confident as well. Imagine my dismay when I approached a colleague at work for help in using the photocopier. A student wanted to print on both sides of the paper and I have absolutely no idea how to do it. So I asked a fellow librarian who happened to be where I was for assistance. Surprise, surprise. Instead of showing me, she told me she'll do it when she was done assisting another student. I didn't stick around to see how she did it coz I had to be at the information counter.
Pity she doesn't share my belief in knowledge transfer. So now I'm still clueless on how to print double-sided using the menu and have to stick to doing it manually.

No comments: