Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Two years and counting

One of the last things I did for the library profession before leaving for Australia last year was to finish the module on Information Technology I co-wrote with Dr. Wilhelmina Gatmaitan as part of a grant the National Committee on Culture and the Arts (NCCA) gave the Philippine Association of Teachers of Library Science (PATLS) to develop teaching materials for library science students.

The project which began in early 2005 took us module writers more than a year to complete and I'm so relieved to know that finally the modules are awaiting copyright registration. Last Saturday, the 17th of November, PATLS held a forum to present the highlights of the modules to students and teachers of Library and Information Science.

Having written the module two years ago (three of us module writers has since left the country two of whom are now based in the US of A) my only concern is that even before students actually get to use the material, it already needs to be updated especially the one I worked on. Nevertheless, I can't wait til it gets published and get myself a copy for posterity. And oh, we won't be getting royalties for the sale of the modules. We waived our rights to NCCA when we agreed to take on the project.

No comments: