Wednesday, July 05, 2006

IWIL 2006: Day 3

We, the foreign participants, had our turn to present the development and implementation of information literacy in our respective countries and we were given 30 minutes each to present. I won't detail our reports here but suffice it to say that all of the countries represented had a semblance of information literacy instruction in place although not at the government level. In my opinion, Singapore by far had the best program in place. Click here to see the country reps.
The country reports took up the entire morning session and come afternoon we went on a break and toured Putra Jaya, Malaysia's center of government. I've written about that trip here and here.
It was truly an unforgettable experience if only my camera phone did not conk out in the middle of the tour. But Abd Wahid was good enough to share some of his photos with me.

No comments: