Friday, June 16, 2006

Salamat Malaysia

It has been some time since I last made a post because I was busy preparing for the International Workshop on Information Literacy 2006 where I was invited to present a country report on information literacy efforts and policy in the country and participate in the development of information literacy modules for the elementary and secondary schools in Malaysia.

I will be making several posts on different topics including highlights of the workshop and about Malaysian culture. But meantime I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to the organizers of the workshop - the Faculty of Information Management of the Universiti Teknologi MARA - especially Mohd Sharif for inviting me to participate. Thanks, too, to the facilitators Prof. Blanche Woolls, Prof. Norma Abu Seman, Prof. Zainab Awang Ngah, Prof. Diljit Singh who is no stranger to Filipino librarians, Prof. Nor Ezan Nasir, Prof. Russell Bowden, and Madam Rashida Begum Fazal Mohamad IFLA RASCO representative.
Participants, organizers, facilitators, and presentors of IWIL 2006

No comments: