Sunday, August 07, 2005

Swan Lake

I braved Friday night's stormy weather and horrendous traffic just so I could be with my mom and a couple of her friends to see Ballet Manila's Swan Lake at the Aliw Theater with no less than prima ballerina Lisa Macuja-Elizalde dancing to the role of Odette/Odile.

For a change, I allow myself the privilege of watching ballet when tickets are available. Watching ballet offers a refreshing break from work, work, and work, and for two hours, I just allow my senses to take in the sights of ballerinas and danseurs in their bright costumes, the sounds of classical music, and the emotions with each movement. Pinocchio and Don Quixote remain to be my favorites coz its just plain fun to watch them.

Another reason I enjoy going to the ballet is that afterwards I get to enjoy a ride-all-you-can treat at Star City!

No comments: