Monday, August 15, 2005

Dr. Dylan Dizon, a former student library assistant

Dr. Dylan Dizon is currently the director of Educational Outreach through e-Learning (EDO). They are responsible for producing interactive modules that are being used for the e-Learning project at Smokey Mountain.

When he found out that I was a librarian, he told me used to work at the UP's Main Library as a student assistant when he was in college. He further told me that he learned more from the library that from his teachers saying that of all his college professors, there were only 3 or 4 who were worthy of attending classes.

I have yet to get a copy of his profile but I do admire the man for his dedication and he is so down-to-earth. He's not all what I expected of somebody who has a doctoral degree and I am so honored to have met him. And what's more, I will actually be working with him. I just clinched a deal to prepare a module.

I also found out a very juicy piece of information. He tells me that the CHED and DepEd will be merged because it was found out that these agencies had duplication of functions and that he will be part of the Board of Curriculum that will look into the curriculum of various course offerings. This was something he has done while teaching at Michigan State University. Isn't that good news?

No comments: